Sakura

Sakura

Sunday, January 8, 2012

5 More Minutes

     "Please Mom, 5 more minutes."
"Yes Julia. In 5 more minutes we will be leaving for Salt Lake."
Once my brain computed that sentence, I jumped out of bed like a cat out of a bath tub. I realized I'd slept in my jean skirt and a tank top, so I threw on a random pair of long socks (It just happened to snow yesterday and I'd rather not freeze my legs off yet) and a T-shirt, grabbed my mini back-pack with The Brass Verdict inside and a few party favors from when our church celebrated Hanukkah, and ran out the door.
     As we were driving out of the driveway my mom handed me and Alex identical letters from Lagoon, asking with no small amount of typos whether we wanted to go back to Grounds or not. I stuffed mine in my Tinkerbell bag and realized I'd forgotten to grab my (engraved) Bible and mentally cursed. Of course I then mentally abolished myself for mentally cursing, and commenced to read The Brass Verdict until I was thoroughly car-sick.
     As we pulled up to Salt Lake City Christian Center, I looked down at my outfit and realized that I'd put on black knee socks with skulls and paint splatters with a pair of white flats covered in red, paisley blue, and baby pink polka dots. Add the jean skirt, Girls Only T-shirt and pigtails and what do you get? A five year old who didn't want to listen to her mother when she told her that her outfit didn't match. I had to deal with lots of stares during church, firstly because I was the only one of my friends wearing a skirt, and second because of everything else.
     After church I went over to my Grandmothers house and was promptly covered in three different colors of dog hair. After being jumped on, hugged and dealing with my little brother tracking stuff all over the house(we're still not sure whether it was dirt or poo), I finally sat down to a nice meal of home-made chicken nuggets. We joked about hot oil until the topic was thoroughly exhausted, and then sat down to look at old pictures of my aunt's visit to Scotland. Halfway through my mother handed me the laptop and told me to apply, which I did. After looking over my sisters shoulder at her application, I realized I had a lot of errors on mine, including putting the wrong dates on my previous employments, and (almost!) putting that I was currently out on bail. After that I set to work blogging, and here I am now, with about two more minutes until I go watch the football game. Which reminds me of my pastor saying on the pulpit that he bled orange, and looked forward to going home & cheering for the Broncos. Also my little buddy Alice (pronounced Lee-Cee) is moving back to Brazil next month. Now if you will excuse me, I have some funnies to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment