Sakura

Sakura

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Does That Make Me Cra-zy~??

     Today, due to my complete lack of anything of interest to write about, I will be typing up a dream. Yes, I know it's odd my dreams have plots, but it's true. The following one was from Tuesday, and it is my personal favorite of this week.
     I'm at home, talking to my little brother A-ron in his room downstairs. For some reason we're talking about adventure, and how boring our lives had been lately.
"A-ron, have you ever noticed how exciting our lives were before we moved north? Ever since the move, nothing has happened to us."
"I know, right? Time seems to be, I don't know, smooshing this 'time period'-" which he said with his index and middle fingers bending, the sign for quotation marks."-Altogether, making it blend."
Just as I was about to change the subject to something a little sweeter, say cookies, I heard a BANG! From upstairs. Pretty soon I was running towards the stairs, then hesitating and changing direction to grab something, anything, to defend myself with. My Bokan! Perfect. I found it laying across my floor, fallen from the shelf I usually have it on. I turned around swiftly, before my mind could tell me to run and hide. Up the stairs I went, smacking my foot on the last step, turning into the kitchen and almost running into the island. Before I could orient myself with the bang, the ground started to shake. I had read somewhere that you should go into doorways when there is an earthquake, so back downstairs I ran. Or should I say tripped, fell, and overall tumbled.The ground was still shaking when I noticed A-ron a mere yard from where he previously was. He didn't seem to be doing anything but staring with dread on his face into the far corner of his room. I slowly turned to face the said corner, feeling like I was in a scary movie. Crazy maniac? Chainsaw guy?What in the world is in that corner? Only one way to know for sure. . .I looked, and in the place usually inhabited by my brother's dresser was a giant gaping hole. Not just any hole, this one was a large, skinny oval; it had cracks on the edges and what seemed like stairs going down. My first instinct was to run and get someone, my parents maybe, Indiana Jones would have been nice, but no. We were trapped in there. During the earthquake the door had been barred by something, and no amount of pushing and yelling, "We're in here! Get us out! Hello? Anyone?" would get us out. The only other option was down. I glanced at A-ron and met his eye.
"Looks like we got ourselves a little adventure, don't we A-ron?" So saying, I opened the cold storage door to find all of our camping stuff.
"Lucky that it happened in here, or we wouldn't have these supplies. Sakura, grab that flashlight! We need as many as we can get if we're going to survive down there."
"What do you think is down there? I bet it's some ancient catacomb or burial chamber."
"You know what that means, Sakura? That means there'll be treasure, or dead people. Possibly both."
" And if it's like any of you video games, a few zombies." I joked, assured that that wasn't one of the dangers we faced.
"You ready?"
"Yeah, just let me grab my bokan. I snagged it from my room before we were trapped down here."
We descended into the menacing abyss, turning back only to see a slab of rock slide over the top.
"Wait! How is that even possible?!?!?!" I yelled, all bravado gone from my voice. A-ron just shrugged.
"Like I said Sakura, adventure."
     When we finally got to the bottom of the stairs, there was a giant wall in from of us with writing carved all over it, in a language I could not identify. One was centered in the middle and was slightly larger than the others. It read: 
સાવચેત રહો. શું દો નથી નોકરો તેમના મુખ્ય જુઓ
We kept walking and found ourselves in a room with another large wall, only this time it seemed to be divided into rectangular slots, and in the center was a hand-indent. 
"Hey A-ron, try your hand in here. See if it fits." He gently touched it, his hand slightly to thick and to short to fit into the slot. I tried, and my hand fit perfectly. I almost expected something to happen, like open a previously unkown door or something, but all was still. 
"We've hit a dead end. Sorry bro, guess our adventure's over." 
Oh how very wrong I was. It was only the beginning.

TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment