Sakura

Sakura

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Someone

I had an odd feeling today, and I realized I wanted to start writing a song. This song doesn't really have a tune that's constant, since I made it on the spot, but I rather like it. It's kind of like a poem, with a bit of singing added in. Here it is: "Someone" by moi.

I want you to know
Something I found not long ago
'Cuz someone you know
Has changed

This is me, this is who I want to be
And don't tell me to be
Someone else!
Someone new!
Someone just like you!

Because it's not who I really am
Just the shell of a truth
I'm not who you knew

I'm not the girl from yesterday
I'm not the one who
Got away

And don't tell me you want me back
Because I'm not like that.

I'm not like that, ay ay ay
Because I'm not like that, ay ay ay ayaaa
I'm not the girl you knew.

I want to be, someone you'd never know
And I won't be
Someone else!
Someone new!
Someone just like you!

You wouldn't like me anyway
If weren't for the tears
of yesterday

Because I am not what you think
I'm a person
Who knows the truth
And it doesn't include you!

No, no, no
It's just me.

1 comment:

  1. So I just found a song by Marylin Manson that's chorus sounds slightly like this one's.....I seriously don't know if I heard it before and incorporated it, or made it up. *Disclaimers* :)

    ReplyDelete