Sakura

Sakura

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break: A Combination of Maggots and Sunburns

"Oh, look. The potatoes are starting to rot."
"Yeah, they've been rotting for a while now."
"Really, Alex? If you knew they were rotting in the pantry, then why am I the one cleaning them up?"
A short pause; then: "Sorry."
Sometimes my family drives me crazy. Ok, maybe more like all the time. So the other day when I realized there would be no school for the next week, I asked myself: How in the world am I going to get through this without strangling them?
The answer is a bit more complicated than I would like. I decided after going through a list of options in my head. It read:
1) Lock everyone in a private room and give them food under the door three times a day.
2) Hibernate.
3) Run away to live with wolves.
4) Immerse myself in books completely.
5) Ignore everyone.
6) Find another job.
7) Put myself in a coma.
8) Go on a rampage and threaten to kill anyone who bothers me.
9)  Lock myself in a room and demand food be served three times a day.
10) Apprentice myself to a world class chef.
11) Become a computer nerd.
12) Get really good at Ignoring people.
The list went on- but most of the things on it were not plausible. So instead I decided on a nice conservative course of action.
KILL EVERYONE.
Then I remembered you could go to jail for that. Hm.... How about the seclusion bit, added to the book bit, with a rather large amount of time spent sleeping...And Whabam! You get my version of spring break.
And the first day, (Saturday was my first day) I spent it working. And now I am pink in the face- literally pink. I got sunburned, which never happens due to my Cherokee blood. Which means I am cranky. Which means it's even harder to put up with my family. Which is why I am even mentioning it. Which is why I am stopping the whole Which is why bit. Which is- ha. Got you there, didn't I?
Let's everyone cross our fingers and hope for the best, and if you happen to see a story about a girl going crazy and killing her family (not including the dogs) don't expect to hear from me again.
Which is why I am going to go sleep now. Good-night!

2 comments:

  1. Sakura, shame on you for wishing I'll will- whoa, hold on. Why, in the name of all that is holy, going to sleep at 8:00 PM!? Are you insane!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes I am. But that's besides the point- you do remember my mom is a nurse, right? Plus I have hereditary bags under my eyes? Put the two together, and I end up with a lot of extra sleep.

    ReplyDelete